COVID 19 Resources: Business Strategies, Wellness Tips, and Personal Finance Info.
Welcome to this week's Retail Resources, which features a curated list of the best content and resources that I hope will help you navigate through the coronavirus pandemic. This week I offer information and resources about business strategies, wellness tips, and personal finance information. If there's anything you would like me to share in a future blog post, please let me know by dropping me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Women in Retail Leadership Circle and its sister brand, Total Retail, produced a one-day Women in Retail and Total Retail Virtual Lounge event last month, which you can view on-demand here. The Virtual Lounge included interviews with retail CEOs such as Rebecca Minkoff, co-founder and creative director, Rebecca Minkoff; Mike Edwards, president and CEO, Hanna Andersson; Neela Montgomery, CEO, Crate and Barrel; and Chris Rowland, president and CEO, Pet Supplies Plus. These industry leaders discussed relevant and timely topics, such as how they’re pivoting their business strategies; best practices for leading and motivating their teams; and their plans to reopen retail stores.
- Total Retail recently published "A Retailer's Guide to Managing Their Business During a Crisis," an easy-to-read report that provides retail and brand executives with valuable information on crisis management. For example, the guide includes tips on effective COVID-19 communications, how to use marketing automation tools during a time of crisis, how to develop an inventory strategy when supply chains are disrupted (like they are now), necessities for business survival in a crisis; and more.
- In this video, part of Women in Retail Leadership Circle's "Leadership in the New Normal Series," Lizzie Alberga, founder and CEO of Collective Gain, offers insights into how to start adding small acts of self-care into your day, as well as why boundaries are required for self-care. Furthermore, she addresses how prioritizing, honoring and cherishing yourself will enable you to show up as your best self for your family and team, during the current crisis and always.
- Let's face it: The COVID-19 pandemic is stressful for people. Fear and anxiety about a virus can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children. Coping with stress will make you, the people you care about, and your community stronger. A great resource that offers all kinds of information on how to deal with stress can be found on the the Centers of Disease Control's Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) website. If you scroll to the Daily Life and Coping page, and then click on the Stress and Coping link, you'll see a variety of interesting tips and resources to help mange the stress you may be having, as well as how to help those you love who are having difficulties as well.
- This handy article from Ellevest covers a variety of resources to turn to if you've lost any type of income during the current crisis. The roundup isn’t meant to be 100 percent comprehensive, but instead a guide for where to start.
- This webcast from PBS NewsHour offers great insight into how the coronavirus pandemic can impact your personal finances, as well as how you can best take advantage of new government relief plans. Check it out.