Office Depot recently announced leadership changes that will affect a wide range of its operations. The new appointments include the following:
- Steve Calkins has been named president of Office Depot's Business Solutions division, which focuses on the office supply retailer's B-to-B customers. He joined the company's legal team in 2003, and had served as Office Depot's executive vice president and chief legal officer since August 2016.
- Troy Rice is now the president of Office Depot’s retail division, tasked with managing the strategic direction of the company’s brick-and-mortar stores. Rice, who has been with the company since 2014, was previously executive vice president and COO.
- Michael Allison has been named executive vice president and chief administration officer. He previously served as Office Depot's chief people officer.
- Kevin Moffitt has been promoted from senior vice president of e-commerce to chief digital leader. He will direct all digital-related initiatives, including transforming the company's digital platforms, driving its digital strategy and accelerating its online growth.
- John Gannfors has joined Office Depot as executive vice president of transformation and strategic sourcing. He was previously Lenovo's vice president of global supply chain and chief procurement officer of its data center group.
Back in January, Gerry Smith replaced Roland Smith as CEO of Office Depot.
“I'm confident that with these leaders in place, we have the optimal structure and expertise to support and expand our customer base and focus on growing our North American business to position Office Depot for long-term future success,” Gerry Smith said.