Fraud Protection, Security Top E-Consumers’ Worry List
It’s not so much what you sell online, it’s how safe you can make that transaction. According to a recent national survey of 2,706 consumers conducted by JupiterResearch for eBillme, an online payment solution provider, 81 percent of credit and debit card users value fraud protection as the most important factor when selecting an online payment option. That’s four times more important to respondents than purchase rewards.
Listed below are some more highlights from the survey.
* 77 percent of credit card users said they’d accept changes in the online checkout payment process if it would enhance security;
* when provided a secure, cash-based payment alternative, respondents said they’d spend, on average, 13 percent more than credit card users and 47 percent more than debit card users;
* 68 percent of online shoppers who pay with a credit card don’t know their liability coverage;
* 60 percent of credit card users and 56 percent of debit card users prefer guaranteed satisfaction, which is more than three times greater than rewards on their purchases;
* 45 percent of credit card users and 50 percent of debit card users value price protection and being offered the lowest available price, which is 2.5 times more than rewards or points earned from making purchases for credit card users and more than three times for debit card users; and
* 68 percent of credit card users don’t know what percentage of purchases they’d be liable for if their cards were lost or stolen, and 65 percent of debit card users are similarly unaware of the liability connected with using a debit card.
For more information, go to www.eBillme.com .