Affiliate Marketing: Eight Ways to Better Reach and Convert Holiday Shoppers
Successful catalogers know that putting the right offers in front of the right customers at the right times will result in strong sales. But the online affiliates putting your offers on their sites may not. Following are eight strategies your online affiliates should be using in order to maximize their contributions to your holiday sales offered by affiliate network Performics and multichannel strategy and research firm the e-tailing group.
1. Centralize and prominently position free shipping offers. Potential shoppers flock to these, the authors write.
2. Create a sense of urgency. Your affiliates should remind shoppers of the number of days until Christmas.
3. Inspire impulse holiday purchasing. Have your affiliates showcase your top sellers, or their editors’ favorite products, Performics and the e-tailing group note.
4. Make finding merchants and their offers simple. Visibility leads to conversion, so ensure that your ads are prominently located on affiliates’ sites.
5. Aggressively promote sale offers. Affiliates should segment promotions by percentage/dollar off, just-added sales, soon-to-expire sales, etc.
6. Remember last minute shoppers. If you offer gift certificates, provide affiliates with ads that highlight this option during the final shopping days before Christmas, the authors say.
7. Support the brand. Make sure your affiliates provide shoppers with comprehensive contact information for your catalog, including ordering and customer service phone numbers, e-mail addresses and FAQ locations.
8. Think long term. Collect email opt-ins from affiliate responders for future alerts, newsletters and offers.