50 Best Tips for 2015
It's a new year and the Lett Direct team has put together "50 Best Tips for 2015" that will help you increase your profits. While not in any particular order, these suggestions are being made to help you improve your print catalog and digital marketing programs. Some of our suggestions might be obvious while other tips might stimulate your thinking. Regardless, we hope our tips and suggestions for 2015 will benefit your business.
1. Ensure that your Google Analytics account is tracking properly.
2. Be certain that all traffic channels (e.g., email, paid search, display ads, etc.) are tagged with Google Analytics’ UTM parameters.
3. Review and optimize your product data feed for use with Google and Bing Shopping campaigns.
4. Stop using the misleading last-click attribution model in Google Analytics. Rather, consider "time decay" or "linear" models.
5. Content is the king of search engine optimization today; start a blog.
6. Employ some form of remarketing.
7. Pretend you're a new visitor and purchase a product on your own site. Go to your two largest competitors and do the same. Evaluate the results. Which site was the easiest to buy from? Which site was easiest to navigate to find your specific product?
8. Repeat tip No. 6 above, but this time with your smartphone.
9. When the data in a small sample looks skewed, sometimes it helps to look at a bigger sample. Don't get hung up on small fluctuations in performance. Make sure you're looking at the bigger picture.
10. Take a quick office poll: How many weekly or daily emails does it take, on average, for your group to click unsubscribe? How many emails are you sending? How does this compare to the industry standard?