How to Keep Consumers Glued to Your Website
3. Create an engaging experience. Provide a comments box, and include pictures and content that will assist consumers in feeling connected to your brand.
4. Evaluate human behavioral patterns. Look at your visitors’ behaviors — i.e., examine how people navigate your site. Do they tend to read from left to right? Do their eyes gravitate to graphics positioned in the top left-hand corner of the page?
5. Solicit and act on visitor feedback. Use surveys, give visitors the ability to rate your site and leverage social media feedback to help you better understand what information consumers want the most.
6. Create personalized, responsive online experiences. Consumers want a personal experience. This is true in other channels, so why should your site be any different? Identify previous visitors and provide them with the same type of information they initially sought.
7. Avoid drastic website changes. While change can be a good thing, people tend to be leery at first. Avoid any major overhaul that will cause confusion.
8. Infuse ongoing testing and continuous improvement. Consumer behavior and the competitive landscape of online retail are constantly changing. Keep your site up-to-date by testing to ensure all types of visitors are comfortable using your site and its services.
9. Promote social media connection points. Promote your Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media outlets on your e-commerce site. The more touchpoints the better.
10. Regularly refresh content/promotions. Consumers aren't attracted to stale websites, so try and find the right balance between letting information reach consumers and updating your site's content.