How Retailers Can Fight Against Slowing E-Commerce Sites
- Make sure images are compressed and in the correct format.
- Minify page code.
- Ensure that featured content loads first and nonessential content loads last.
- Use a content delivery network to bring page resources closer to end users, thereby shortening server roundtrip time.
- Consolidate page resources into bundles so that fewer roundtrips to the server are required.
- Implement asynchronous versions of third-party scripts which don't block the rest of the page from rendering.
- Use a real-time monitoring solution to gain ongoing visibility into the performance of pages.
Tammy Everts is performance evangelist at Radware, a provider of application delivery and application security solutions.