Chinese Consumers Increasingly Interested in American Products
A recent United Parcel Service survey of 1,200 middle-class consumers in six Chinese cities shows that the Chinese continue to want more American products than ever beflore. Among data revealed by the survey:
* 76 percent of urban Chinse consumers say they’d like to buy American DVDs in 2006, up from 71 percent in 2005;
* 73 percent say they’d like to buy American-made moisturizer in the coming year;
* More than 70 percent say they want to buy American blue jeans;
* 64 percent say they’d like to purchase American athletic shoes;
* 56 percent want to hear messages about quality components or workmanship in advertising about American products, with that number increaseing to 65 percent for apparel;
* More than half of urban Chinese consumers use credit or debit cards for shopping; and
* 84 percent of those with credit cards expect their usage to increase or remain the same in the coming year.
For more on the UPS survey of urban Chinese consumers, click here.