As part of our continuing coverage of Total Retail’s Salary Benchmark Report, this week we take a look at the benefits that retail executives — CEOs/presidents/founders; chief marketing officers; C-level execs other than CEOs and CMOs; and vice presidents — are receiving in addition to their salaries and other financial perks. Specifically, the survey asked respondents which of the following benefits were part of their overall compensation package — paid vacation, sick leave, health care insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, flexible scheduling, child care subsidy, commuting subsidy, health and wellness programs, relocation assistance, ability to work from home, extended maternity/paternity leave, continuing education compensation, company-provided meals/snacks, matching funds for charity.
The Salary Benchmark Report was produced after an online survey was sent to Total Retail’s audience over a two-week period in late June asking them about their salaries, benefits, and opinions on their career paths and compensation fairness. The survey resulted in 660 responses; the C-suite respondents represented in the chart below accounted for 182 responses.
Here are some of the highlights from the data:
- CEOs/presidents/founders are less likely than vice presidents to receive benefits in all of the above categories except two (continuing education compensation, company-provided meals/snacks).
- More than half of CEOs/presidents/founders (54 percent) report not having dental insurance.
- Child care subsidy is the benefit least received among the C-suite respondents, with only 13 percent getting this benefit.
- Conversely, paid vacation is the most common benefit received by the C-suite respondents.
- Sixty percent of vice presidents have a flexible spending account, nearly double the next closest segment (chief marketing officers, 31 percent)
- Only 22 percent of the C-suite respondents receive matching company funds for charitable donations.
Get additional insights into retail executives’ compensation packages plus much more to help you maximize your earning potential by downloading the full Salary Benchmark Report here.
Related story: What Financial Benefits Are Retail Executives Receiving