Actionable E-mail Sign-up Ideas
Some ideas to try on your own, with real examples in parentheses:
• Use a clean pop-up to collect e-mail information (Williams-Sonoma).
• Let visitors sign up for e-mails from your retail stores (Crutchfield).
• Tell visitors they’ll receive a discount coupon by e-mail right after signing up — it raises sign-up rates, and ensures the e-mail is valid (REI).
• Allow visitors to select the content they want to receive (PetSmart).
• After sign-up, tell the user to expect an e-mail confirmation (Vermont Teddy Bear).