What's Waiting to Be ‘Just Born' in Your Production Line?
Everyone probably has a childhood PEEPS story as part of their Easter memories. In addition to colored eggs and jelly beans, marshmallow PEEPS seem to be Easter must-haves. Take a peek at these PEEPS fun facts from its company's website, Just Born:
- Just Born got its name when founder Sam Born proudly displayed in his store window an evolving line of daily-made candy, declaring them "just born."
- In 1953, it took 27 hours to create one PEEPS marshmallow chick. Today, thanks to advances in technology, it takes six minutes.
- Just Born produces enough PEEPS marshmallow candies in one year to circle the earth twice.
- In the late 1950s, PEEPS’ wings were "clipped" to give them a sleek, modern look.
- PEEPS Brand Candies have been the No. 1 nonchocolate brand at Easter for over 20 years.
- Yellow is America's best-selling color of PEEPS chicks and bunnies.
- PEEPS have become gourmet favorites as fondues, Crème Brulee ingredients and cappuccino toppings!
These clever, whimsical PEEPS are front and center for much more brand seasonalizing. Have you seen (or smelled!) the recently released marshmallow chicks candle that Just Born created with Yankee Candle?