How Office Depot is Leveraging Customer Feedback to Drive Sales
The data that Office Depot gets from Bizrate Insights enables it to tie back specific insights to individual customers. Office Depot can use this information to assign a specific e-commerce team member to help address their problem. "We've organized our e-commerce team for success," said Childers, noting that there's an entire team devoted specifically to navigation and another for checkout. This specialized customer service, both in-store and online, has resulted in improved customer satisfaction and increased conversion rates.
Childers ended his presentation by outlining a seven-step process that can help retailers take advantage of the abundant customer feedback that's at their disposal and turn it into a revenue generator:
- Gain a better understanding of your customer.
- Understand your brand and its goals.
- Organize your processes based on the customer.
- Collect real-time customer feedback.
- Get the right info to the right people at the right time.
- Close the feedback loop — call them back!
- Continually evaluate and adapt according to what your customers are telling you.
As for Office Depot's plans going forward on how it can use customer feedback to improve the shopping experience, it's identified the following steps:
- integrate mobile data into the customer feedback review program;
- link feedback to session recording;
- collect feedback from store associates; and
- consolidate customer feedback from other sources (e.g., social media).