Cabela’s Tops List of Best Web Sites
The Web site of multichannel hunting and fishing merchant Cabela’s provides the best foundational customer experience, according to Cisco Internet Business Solutions Group’s benchmark study on enhanced customer experiences. Cisco’s definition of foundational capabilities includes ease of use, some personalization, free content, and secure, reliable transactional processes. The study benchmarked 20 major merchandise Web sites, and rated the buyer’s experience throughout the entire shopping lifecycle.
The top five online retailing sites in foundational capabilities according to Cisco:
2. Best Buy
4. Recreational Equipment Inc. (REI)
Other data revealed om Cisco’s study:
* 81 percent of those sites surveyed actively solicit customer feedback on multiple points throughout the site;
* 67 percent allow consumers to shop in at least two languages;
* 52 percent use online video to help sell products or enrich the user experience; and
* 48 percent provide some level of visibility into store inventory availability.
To get a copy of Cisco Internet Business Solutions Group’s “Enhanced Customer Experience: A Benchmark Study,” visit http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/2006/eKits/benchmark_study_080106.pdf