By The Stats: Catalogs Available Online Jump by 20 Percent
The number of catalogs available online increased from 7,440 to 8,903 in the past year, according to the 2006 edition of The National Directory of Catalogs, which was released last week. Seventy-eight percent of the 11,438 catalogs in the directory are available online, up from 60 percent last year. Other data revealed by the directory:
* 1,320 catalogs are only available online, up from 772 last year.
* In the past 10 years, the strongest growing categories were Automotive, Education, and Apparel and Accessories.
* In that time, the Automotive category has grown 101 percent.
* The Education category has grown 54 percent.
* The Apparel and Accessories category has grown 11 percent.
Source: The National Directory of Catalogs, Oxbridge Communications, http://www.mediafinder.com