By the Stats: Catalogers Seek Capability and Flexibility From Printers
Nearly 70 percent of catalogers cite printing capabilities and flexibility as one of the most important factors when selecting a printing firm, according to a recent survey by Transcontinental Printing, a St. Laurent, Quebec-based catalog printer. Other data revealed by the survey:
* 33 percent of catalogers look for a one-stop shop, with services from premedia to distribution under one roof.
* 45 percent want quick response from sales people and customer service reps (CSRs).
* 47 percent value sales person knowledge and advice.
* 52 percent look for experienced and courteous CSRs.
* 53 percent value turnaround time.
* 56 percent want high quality.
Results add up to more than 100 percent because catalogers surveyed were asked to cite the top five most important factors in selecting a printing partner.
For more information, or to see more results from the “2006 Catalog Insights Survey,” contact Bruce Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org.