12 Search and Social Tips to Drive Holiday Revenues
6. Ensure an optimal shopping experience across devices and applications with tailored copy and landing pages that allow for a simple, seamless conversion process.
7. Explore local search features so consumers can find brick-and-mortar stores nearby to make purchases and integrate this offline activity to get a full customer picture.
8. Retarget shoppers who have engaged with you in the past to help close the sale or promote complementary products.
9. Channel consumer passion by integrating social sharing options (e.g., Pinterest's "Pin It" button) into your product pages to drive engagement and sales.
10. Leverage insights from search campaigns to inform your social ad programs and reach your highest-value audiences — i.e., those most likely to convert.
11. Optimize campaigns more frequently during the holidays to continually improve performance by analyzing device type, ad copy and keyword day-over-day performance.
12. Give credit where credit is due through an integrated, multitouch attribution model that's tied to bid optimization.
During the rush of the holidays, it's important for marketers to get out ahead by proactively planning strategies while remaining flexible and nimble throughout the season to account for market changes. By following these 12 tips, retailers can ensure that they're taking advantage of all the opportunities available.
Kelly Wrather is the senior manager of content marketing at Kenshoo, a provider of predictive marketing software.