The Rebates are Coming! The Rebates are Coming! 7 Ways to Stimulate Your Business’s Economy
This past week the so-called “Economy Stimulus” tax rebate checks started to go out. Some of you with direct deposit may have already received your little slice of the pie.
I sure hope this is a good thing for catalogers!
It would be a shame if all the good citizens out there in the U.S. decide to use their windfall for something like paying off bills and paying down the all-time high consumer debt we’ve racked up.
Nah! Won’t happen! We’re a nation that loves to consume, so I think catalogers are OK.
In the meantime, I sincerely hope you’re factoring in said rebates into your marketing plans. If not, here are some last-minute tips to help you stimulate our economy.
1. Create a special e-mail campaign with the U.S. flag or in good old red, white and blue with a special discount to folks using their rebate checks.
2. Change your homepage to do the same. Forget your company’s color palette for a few weeks, and fly Ole Glory on your homepage with the copy, “Economic Stimulus Rebate Checks Accepted HERE.”
3. OK, so while Nos. 1 and 2 above are tongue-in-cheek (or maybe a bit snarky), you can certainly fit them within your own branding and make them work.
4. Make sure your call-center representatives have a great inbound offer to make when customers call.
5. Use outbound telemarketing to make contact with your customers and offer them rebate specials.
6. Get some package inserts printed — there are printers who can turn this around quickly for you — with a special rebate offer. Insert them into your outbound shipments ASAP.
7. If you’re about to go to press on a catalog run, quickly get a dot whack printed and have it affixed to your cover.