5 Last-Minute Tactics to Increase Holiday Sales
Want to add some revenue before we say goodbye to 2009? Try the following:
1. Add an extra mailing before the end of the year. After your (scheduled) last mailing is complete, mail one more catalog just to your hotline buyers — i.e., those who just responded to your last mailings of the year. If it’s too late to get your printer involved, grab some of your bounceback and office copy catalogs, and mail them. Even if you have to mail them First Class, you should still get great response. I’ve done this before, and it works.
2. Speaking of bouncebacks, add a special offer to your outgoing packages beyond the traditional bounceback book. This gives your customers a compelling reason to make another purchase before the holidays. It’s especially persuasive if you can target your offer to people who are on the receiving end of gifts.
3. Extend the life of an existing catalog by sending a special offer via postcard to your best buyers with a last-minute incentive. Try something like this: “Last-minute shoppers save (a percentage)” or “Last-minute offer! Get a specially priced (product here).” Postcards are quick, inexpensive, and can drive both catalog and web traffic.
4. Then, of course, there's email. Deliver offers right up to the last possible date you can ship product for Christmas.
5. And by all means, get social. Use social media to engage your customers/prospects with contests, sales, testimonials and more. A client of mine supported Black Friday sales via Twitter, Facebook and its blog, beating last year's numbers by a healthy margin.
If you have any additional ideas for last-minute marketing tactics, please share them with us by clicking on the link below.
I hope you had a safe, happy and healthy Thanksgiving. Speak to you next week.