Telephone Upselling: Be Realistic and Not Pushy, Kislik Advises
5. Make your add-on offer easy to describe and understand. Up-sold products should have universal appeal, Kislik advised. They should also have a relatively low rate of return and high credibility and desirability among CSRs.
Kislik also laid out several questions operations chiefs should ponder in setting up upsell programs:
1. Do you have enough merchandise or people to deliver?
2. Can you make good on your promise?
3. Can you tell what’s going on?
4. Do you have the systems to track reports on which merchandise works?
5. Do you have the systems to track reports on which techniques work?