Online Affiliate Conversions Outpaced E-mail and Search in First Half of 2006
Customer referrals from online affiliates converted at 3.2 percent and 3.4 percent respectively in the first and second quarters of 2006, according to a survey of 63 online merchants conducted by Internet marketing firm Performics and research firm ComScore Networks. This compares to 4.3 percent and 4.4 percent conversion for direct traffic to merchant sites and 2.3 percent each quarter for other referrals, such as paid search and e-mail campaigns. Other data revealed by the survey:
• 6.6 percent of affiliate shoppers have household incomes under $25,000;
• 18.9 percent have household incomes between $25,000 and $50,000;
• 27.4 percent have household incomes between $50,000 and $75,000;
• 47.2 percent have household incomes greater than $75,000; and
• by comparison, just 40.3 percent of total Internet shoppers have household incomes greater than $75,000.
Source: Performics “Affiliate Consumer Insights.” For a copy of the whitepaper, click here.