GOLD INK AWARDS
The 21st annual Gold Ink Awards continued to call attention to the print industry’s finest projects. This year, North American Publishing Co. (parent company of the Gold Ink Awards and Catalog Success and Book Business magazines, the latter of which presented the awards) received nearly 1,500 entries.
A team of judges with backgrounds from across the print industry pored over the submissions, awarding Gold, Silver, Bronze and Pewter honors in a total of 46 different categories. In all, 488 entries were selected for awards. Here’s a look at the gold and silver winners in the business and consumer catalog divisions.
—Matt Steinmetz, special projects director, Book Business
Business Catalogs, Sheetfed Printing
• Gold winner: Fitch Ink Techniques Book (Printer: Anderson Lithograph)
• Silver winner: Gucci SS ’08 Catalog (Printer: NAVA New York Corp.)
Business Catalogs, Web Printing
• Gold winner: Saks Pre Fall Designer Book (Printer: The Hennegan Co.)
• Silver winner: Dillard’s Gift Guide (Printer: Continental Web Press)
Consumer Catalogs, Sheetfed Printing
• Gold winner: Patcraft Brand Catalog (Printer: EarthColor)
• Silver winner: 2008 Harley-Davidson Prestige Book (Printer: Anderson Lithograph)
Consumer Catalogs, Web Printing
• Gold winner: Neiman Marcus the book May 2007 (Printer: Nahan Printing Inc.)
• Silver winner: 2008 Pontiac Full Line Catalog (Printer: The Hennegan Co.)
ON THE MOVE
Direct Marketing Association: The tradegroup has hired the former Spiegel Brands Vice President of Marketing Neil O’Keefe to the newly created position of vice president, catalog and multichannel merchant segment.
dELiA*s Sells CCS: The catalog/multichannel marketer of apparel, footwear and accessories targeted to teenagers has sold its skateboard footwear, apparel and accessories catalog/multichannel subsidiary, CCS, to Foot Locker for $102 million in cash in a deal scheduled to close this month. CCS’s revenues are expected to exceed $80 million in 2009.