Create Your Direct Marketing Dream Team
One of the keys to direct marketing success is to create a team of individuals who work well together for the common good without sacrificing individual integrity. The factors to consider when creating your dream team include the following:
1. Every member must bring a specialized skill set to the group, with an understanding that different skill sets may take priority at any given time. Unique talents strengthen the organization when they are used as needed. Continuous focus on a specific area will reduce the overall effectiveness of your company.
2. All team members must respect one another. Since respect has to be earned, it takes time to build that part of the relationship. Departmental integration and cross-training will help strengthen the bond.
3. The best players must have the right tools to be successful. If all of their time is spent on daily minutiae, the planning and implementation required for growth is delayed. Choose tools wisely, with an eye on return, and let your team spend its time growing the business.
4. The corporate environment is critical to the team’s success. If you’ve chosen a team to grow your company, allow it to do its job with minimal interference. If you don’t have confidence in your team members, replace them. Otherwise, encourage them to do what they do best.
5. Every team needs quality leadership that can inspire it to go for the gold. Success is winning more than you lose. It’s important to have leadership that recognizes that a failure is an opportunity to learn and grow. True leaders inspire their team to move beyond the failure to a successful end.
Debra Ellis can be reached at (828) 626-3756 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.