ALLEN, TXMavic has no plans to sell its products consumer-direct, despite its parent companys recent agreement with an e-commerce company. At this time there is no plan to take Mavic consumer direct. To the contrary, Mavic is focused on investing in our existing dealer network," said Zack Vestal, the brand's communications manager. Last week, PFSweb, Inc., a Texas-based e-commerce company, announced it had reached a multi-year agreement with Amer Sports Group, Mavic's parent company. , which include Mavic, Salomon, Atomic, Wilson, Suunto and Bonfire. PFSweb already runs Suunto's e-commerce operations in the U.S. "We chose to extend our relationship

32 MT Mavic ended 2011 up 14 percent in sales, following fourth quarter growth of 17 percent, according to earnings released Tuesday by its parent company Amer Sports. Mavics full year revenue tallied 120.5 million euros ($157.6 million) up from 106.4 million euros ($139.2 million) in 2010. Rims, wheels and pedals accounted for 83 percent of net sales while cycling apparel and footwear represented the remaining 17 percent. Mavics apparel and footwear segment rose 24 percent in sales over 2010, and rims, wheels and pedals jumped 11 percent. In 2011, EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa) was by

More Blogs