Valentine’s 2019: Holiday Gift Insights
Digital Marketing Strategies for Buying-for-Others Transactions
Smart solutions that focus on the shopping persona when people gift or purchase for others open up new opportunities in online commerce.
Data collected during November and December 2018 from holiday shopping journeys across floral, chocolates, apparel, electronics, intimates, fine tableware, luggage, and high-performance sports gear reveal insights into new gift shopping behavior that should inform your four “Ps” — product, price, place and promotion — for Valentine’s Day, other important occasions on the annual holiday calendar, and everyday transactions when we buy for others.
The infographic provides insights into:
- ad targeting schedules for email and social media marketing;
- which products to feature in gift occasion email campaigns and in gift guides;
- pricing strategies for your featured gift products;
- the increasingly important role of enabling your shoppers to send gifts through digital channels such as SMS; and
- the place of gift cards in your occasion-based marketing mix.