The New Rules of Omnichannel Retailing
5 Power Plays to Meet the Demands of Today’s Consumer
Gone are the days when retailers relied solely on their power play of the brick-and-mortar store to stay ahead of the game. Thanks to Amazon.com, e-commerce, and the rise of mobile technologies, shoppers have developed a (rightly) entitled attitude when it comes to their expectations, tipping the retail game forever in their favor. They want the products they want, and they want to dictate exactly how, when and where they want them.
Shopgate conducted a survey that evaluated today’s retailers’ attitudes and interest toward emerging commerce trends across different retail channels. In this e-book, Shopgate covers the survey results and gives you five power plays for omnichannel retailers in 2019:
- Use mobile to connect the online and offline experience.
- Drive traffic in-store with BOPIS.
- Make a clear-cut profile of each customer with clienteling.
- Improve customer experience through omnichannel fulfillment.
- Use geofencing to directly communicate with your customers at the most optimal times and places.