'The Great Returns Race' Benchmark Q1 2016
It’s a well-documented fact that shoppers are still apprehensive about buying from international sites, largely due to worries about the returns process; but the best in class retailers prove that these barriers can come down. By scrutinizing the first key touch-point with the retailer’s returns offering; the return policy, this report neatly unpicks some of the reasons why some of the UK’s top fashion brands might yet be falling short of their international shopper’s modern day expectations.
This is the first ever quarterly benchmark which focuses purely on international returns. By studying seven key metrics from ‘ease of navigation’ through to ‘choice of return method’, this benchmark reveals which leading UK fashion brands have a winning returns policy…and which brands are lagging behind…
- Around 31% of the 144 brands we studied have international policies which are difficult to find (4 or more moves).
- 72% of these brands offer more than the industry standard 14 day return policy.
- The most common return method offered is postal, with couriers coming second.
- 44% of brands issue a blanket return policy for international customers.
- Less than 5% of brands offer FREE returns worldwide.
This is just the first in a series of benchmarks, take a look at the rest of the series to keep our finger on the pulse.