Tackling a Reader Comment: The Chinese Government and the Curious Case of Some Missing Data
* the album Chinese Democracy by Gun’s N’ Roses was actually never recorded and the L.A. band is just using it as a rumor mill to generate exposure for its lead singer Axel Rose every few years;
* that even if you specifically order Chinese food without MSG, there are other flavor enhancers they use that contain MSG;
* that The China Syndrome was the last great movie starring Jane Fonda;
* that much of the overpriced china we buy for our fancy dinner engagements is actually made in China (think about it, O.K.?);
* and finally, Jack Bauer from Fox’s “24” was never held prisoner by the Chinese government; it was actually cleverly disguised as Tibetan freedom fighters. The one thing I learned that helped me understand John’s question fully actually came from the teachings of Confucius: ”Confucius say that, “If Abacus was created in China, then China own Abacus.” Of course, I could tell you more, but I’d have to kill you.
Make your voice heard by posting a comment below.
Speak to you next week.
Jim Gilbert is president of Gilbert Direct Marketing, a full service catalog and direct marketing agency. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org or 561-302-1719.
Jim Gilbert has had a storied career in direct and digital marketing resulting in a burning desire to tell stories that educate, inform, and inspire marketers to new heights of success.
After years of marketing consulting, Jim decided it was time to “put his money where his mouth was" and build his own e-commerce company, Premo Natural Products, with its flagship product, Premo Guard Bed Bug & Mite Sprays. Premo in its second year is poised to eclipse 100 percent growth.
Jim has been writing for Target Marketing Group since 2006, first on the pages of Catalog Success Magazine, then as the first blogger for its online division. Jim continues to write for Total Retail.
Along the way, Jim has led the Florida Direct Marketing Association as their Marketing Chair and then three-term President, been an Adjunct Professor of Direct and Digital marketing for Miami International University, and created a lecture series, “The 9 Immutable Laws of Social Media Marketing,” which he has presented across the country at conferences and universities.