Tackling a Reader Comment: The Chinese Government and the Curious Case of Some Missing Data
* the album Chinese Democracy by Gun’s N’ Roses was actually never recorded and the L.A. band is just using it as a rumor mill to generate exposure for its lead singer Axel Rose every few years;
* that even if you specifically order Chinese food without MSG, there are other flavor enhancers they use that contain MSG;
* that The China Syndrome was the last great movie starring Jane Fonda;
* that much of the overpriced china we buy for our fancy dinner engagements is actually made in China (think about it, O.K.?);
* and finally, Jack Bauer from Fox’s “24” was never held prisoner by the Chinese government; it was actually cleverly disguised as Tibetan freedom fighters. The one thing I learned that helped me understand John’s question fully actually came from the teachings of Confucius: ”Confucius say that, “If Abacus was created in China, then China own Abacus.” Of course, I could tell you more, but I’d have to kill you.
Make your voice heard by posting a comment below.
Speak to you next week.
Jim Gilbert is president of Gilbert Direct Marketing, a full service catalog and direct marketing agency. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org or 561-302-1719.