Tackling a Reader Comment: The Chinese Government and the Curious Case of Some Missing Data
* the album Chinese Democracy by Gun’s N’ Roses was actually never recorded and the L.A. band is just using it as a rumor mill to generate exposure for its lead singer Axel Rose every few years;
* that even if you specifically order Chinese food without MSG, there are other flavor enhancers they use that contain MSG;
* that The China Syndrome was the last great movie starring Jane Fonda;
* that much of the overpriced china we buy for our fancy dinner engagements is actually made in China (think about it, O.K.?);
* and finally, Jack Bauer from Fox’s “24” was never held prisoner by the Chinese government; it was actually cleverly disguised as Tibetan freedom fighters. The one thing I learned that helped me understand John’s question fully actually came from the teachings of Confucius: ”Confucius say that, “If Abacus was created in China, then China own Abacus.” Of course, I could tell you more, but I’d have to kill you.
Make your voice heard by posting a comment below.
Speak to you next week.
Jim Gilbert is president of Gilbert Direct Marketing, a full service catalog and direct marketing agency. You can reach him at email@example.com or 561-302-1719.
Jim Gilbert has been creating direct marketing programs that drive superior ROI for almost 30 years. Fluent in consumer or B-to-B, creative, operations, and analytics, he marries the strategic and tactical sides of direct and social media marketing in a seamless fashion that gets results. He's CEO of a multidiscipline direct marketing agency, Gilbert Direct Marketing, Inc., which focuses on direct mail, catalogs, DRTV, telemarketing, print, alternative direct marketing media and social media marketing. Jim has been involved in start-ups, expansions and turnarounds, and is an expert in helping multichannel marketers get to the "next level." He's a former adjunct professor, teaching direct marketing at Miami International University, and is President of the Board of Directors of the Florida Direct Marketing Association. Jim loves to talk direct marketing, and has done many lectures on direct and social media marketing.