Preparing Your Email Marketing Strategy for the Holidays, Part 3
The shopping season still isn't over, however. It's not too late for one more try. Consider a last-minute reminder such as this example from Omaha Steaks, with the subject line "Forget someone? We'll ship it FREE!"
Other Offer Strategies
In prior blog posts I've covered some common promotional techniques. Here are a few additional ideas:
- email-only promotions can make your subscribers occasionally feel special;
- gift with purchase;
- coupons; and
- buy one get one (BOGO).
Make your subject lines evocative. Here are some of my favorites from 2011:
- More kringle, less jingle: 40% off your entire order!
- Faster Than A Speeding Reindeer! 50% Off Express Shipping
- Christmas delivery with express shipping - on Dasher, on Dancer, on Procrastinator
- The ultimate last-minute gift (no wrapping required)
I wish you all a productive holiday season. Remember, you need to be planning now!