Managing Costs vs. Sales: Is Your Balance Out of Whack?
I bet all of you would like a 10 percent sales increase, as that would alleviate the pressure on a great deal of mandatory cost reductions. Spend 90 percent of your time thinking about how to increase sales and the other 10 percent managing costs. There's more to come on how to increase sales in these difficult times next week.
Terence Jukes is president of Ability Commerce, a 140-person firm that designs, builds and runs e-commerce and related marketing programs for catalog companies. He can be reached at TerryJ@AbilityCommerce.com.