Happy Employees = Great Service
* Hold a new employee meeting every month where you tell employees what’s expected of them, how to dress and act professionally, what behavior successful employees exude, what kinds of problem behavior to avoid, etc. Make sure they understand what is expected of them in terms of behavior and performance.
* Ensure your work environment is properly cleaned and lighting is conducive to a service culture. If new carpet and a fresh coat of paint are needed, do it.
* Make sure standards of mutual respect are communicated and demonstrated daily.
* Counsel or eliminate problem employees. One “bad apple” can bring the whole group down in a hurry.
* Plan company events like picnics and holiday parties. Host monthly activities.
* Above all, lead by example. If you’re positive regardless of the situation, your team will follow.
Have feedback? Click on the “submit a comment” button here, or e-mail me directly at email@example.com. I always love to hear from you.
Terence Jukes is president of B2B Direct Marketing Intelligence Inc., a strategic consultancy based in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., that services clients in the U.S., Canada, France, the U.K. and Germany. You can reach him at www.b2bdmi.com or (954) 566-44