Focus on the Relationship, Not Just the Transaction
* Develop supportive relationships with all levels within your customer’s organization — purchasing, engineering, operations, management, etc. There are likely multiple influencers with different needs in your clients’ organizations, and you must please them all.
* If you lose a customer, know why and fix it.
* If you gain a customer, know why and exploit it.
* Know that all customer relationships are personal relationships, and treat them that way. Never having met the customer is no excuse for not making the relationship personal.
* Your customer relationships should be personalized and tailored; true one-to-one communication and interaction. With today’s available technology, there’s no excuse for “mass communication.”
Building relationships with your customers translates into growing and prosperous B-to-B operations, and loyalty that can’t be penetrated by the “offer of the day.”
Click on the “Post a comment” icon below or e-mail me at TerryJ@AbilityCommerce.com and/or post your comment on this site.
Terence Jukes is president of Ability Commerce, a 140-person firm that designs, builds and runs e-commerce and related marketing programs for catalog companies. He can be reached at TerryJ@AbilityCommerce.com.