WOMEN IN RETAIL LEADERSHIP CIRCLE RELEASES ITS 9TH ANNUAL TOP WOMEN IN RETAIL LIST
PHILADELPHIA, [March 20, 2019] -- Women in Retail Leadership Circle (WIRLC), a members-only association for enterprise-level women at top retailers and brands, is proud to announce the release of its ninth annual list of the leading female executives in retail.
Honorees were chosen based on a number of criteria, including being in a top-level position within a retail organization, scope of responsibility within that position, career achievements, and involvement within the retail industry.
This list serves as a resource to learn more about these retail leaders, from what characterizes their leadership style to whom they turn to for advice to the latest retail technology trends they're tracking. It's an introspective look at some of the brightest minds in the retail industry.
"Our ninth annual Top Women in Retail list features a who's who in the industry," says Melissa Campanelli, co-founder, Women in Retail Leadership Circle and editor-in-chief/content director, Total Retail. "These women are exceptional professionals. They have helped their companies grow and thrive, built and managed great teams, launched new strategic initiatives, mentored colleagues, and given back to the industry. In many cases they also helped raise families as well. They are true superwomen.”
Here are Women in Retail Leadership Circle’s 2019 Top Women in Retail:
- Christine Buscarino, Former Senior Vice President, E-Commerce and Marketing, Adrianna Papell
- Mary Campbell, Chief Merchandising Officer, Qurate Retail Group; Chief Commerce Officer, QVC, US
- Michelle M. Farabaugh, Chief Marketing Officer, Harry & David
- Nancy Green, President and Chief Executive Officer, Athleta
- Katie Finnegan, Founding Principal, Store No. 8; Chief Executive Officer, Spatialand
- Michelle Kelly, Chief Executive Officer, Lilly Pulitzer
- Samantha Lee, Senior Vice President and Chief Digital Officer, Tailored Brands
- Sharon Leite, Chief Executive Officer, The Vitamin Shoppe
- Suzanne Miglucci, President and Chief Executive Officer, Charles & Colvard
- Neela Montgomery, Chief Executive Officer, Crate & Barrel Holdings, Inc.
- Katie Mullen, Chief Transformation Officer, Neiman Marcus
- Mary van Praag, Brand President, Soma, Chico’s FAS
- Stephanie Pugliese, President and Chief Executive Officer, Duluth Trading Company
- Melissa Reiff, Chief Executive Officer, The Container Store
- Marla A. Ryan, Chief Executive Officer, Destination Maternity
- Claire Spofford, President, Cornerstone
These women will be honored at the Women in Retail Leadership Circle's sixth annual Women in Retail Leadership Summit, taking place April 29-May 1 at the Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami. The Summit will host 350-plus leading women retail executives for two-and-a-half days, with content focused on business strategy and executive professional development.
"We're so excited to host the Summit this year, which will mark our sixth anniversary," Campanelli says. "We take great pride in what the event has become and what it means to our attendees each year. This year's event will be better than ever."
The Top Women in Retail list, featuring exclusive interviews with all honorees, can be downloaded for free here.
For more information about the Women in Retail Leadership Summit, visit www.womeninretailsummit.com.
About Women in Retail Leadership Circle/NAPCO Media
Women in Retail Leadership Circle (WIRLC) is a unique, members-only association that offers enterprise-level women in the retail industry a place to learn, connect and grow. Our community is comprised of successful, motivated and passionate women from the retail world. WIRLC strives to continuously offer members the opportunity to share best practices, discuss industry issues, and find inspiration on how to conquer challenges in their professional lives through virtual and live events, a weekly e-newsletter, an information-packed website, social media, and more.
NAPCO Media, Women in Retail Leadership Circle's parent company, has been a leading information source in the markets it serves since 1958. NAPCO Media continues to evolve with information distribution methods and specializes in the creation and cross-channel distribution of exceptional content. NAPCO Media's mission is to build community between its audience and its clients. For more information, visit napco.com.
Related story: 2019 Top Women in Retail