10 Tips to Optimize Holiday Sales
6. Collect the right data. Not all data is created equal, and it can be easy to be overwhelmed with all of the information collected during holiday peaks. Use key data to become better, faster and stronger in the new year. Review the types of offers and promotions that performed well and use that information to target specific audiences in your post-holiday campaigns.
7. Create holiday-themed landing pages for highly targeted experiences. From small boutiques to large department stores and big-box retailers, brick-and-mortar stores are decorated to create a festive atmosphere for the holidays. Carry the feeling through and emulate that experience on your website.
8. Get social and be social. Create a connection with your customers through social media. Make it easy for customers to share their holiday memories with you through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social networks. Creating a custom hashtag can help you organize your customer engagement efforts.
9. Personalize as much as possible, and create memorable experiences that transcend the holidays. Be customer centric. Keep in mind that the holidays are a stressful time for many people. Create meaningful interactions with your customers that will keep them coming back throughout the year.
10. Prepare for a post-holiday rush. The holiday buying season extends well into January with gift returns, exchanges and gift card redemption. Put plans into place to ensure easy customer transactions and high customer satisfaction well into the new year.
Jay Calavas is the chief evangelist at Tealium, a provider of real-time unified marketing solutions.