Special Report Matchbacks
3. List-rental results. Perhaps the most common reaction we get after performing a matchback for our catalog clients is: "Wow, I was going to omit that list from future mailings. It turns out instead that it's one of my top-performing lists." Matchbacks help you zero in on the best, most profitable lists.
4. The best way to optimize housefile mailings. It's common practice to mail housefile names even if they haven't purchased within the last 24 months. However, as those names get older on your file, the frequency with which they should be mailed declines. By bringing real results back to the table, matchbacks help you identify the best mailing frequency. In addition, they help you identify how deeply you can mail into older-name segments and determine which segments may be better off going into the pool for an optimization model with one or more of the co-op databases.
5. The best co-op model selection. The old adage, "Don't put all your eggs in one basket," is an appropriate one for catalogers, particularly in the test stages of any mail campaign. Matchbacks help you to know which baskets to focus on by showing you where your investment delivered the best results. This is particularly important with co-ops where large universes of names are available if results prove promising.
6. How to create offers that pull responses. Matchbacks give you the raw data to accurately assess online order behavior based on target groups. These data can help you create catalog and online offers that target specific groups based on their buying behaviors. You're able to look at key metrics such as: recency, frequency and monetary value per online buying group; how average order sizes differ across channels; and what customers are ordering from multiple channels.
7. Identify core customers. Many studies have shown that consumers who buy from more than one channel are more valuable than those who buy from a single channel. Matchbacks enable you to identify these multichannel customers and therefore target your contact strategy accordingly.