Send Out Catalogs Without Actually Mailing Them
1. Insert bounceback catalogs into all outgoing packages. This is when customers are excited about your products. They're opening their packages, anxious for their order. Now's the time to hook them with another offer.
2. Use outgoing packages for other customer communication, including inducement on further purchases.
3. Use a discount mailer for catalog requests.
4. Consider magazine ride-alongs. If the audience has affinity, why not give readers a means to buy a product perhaps used in an article in the publication?
5. Test package insert programs. But instead of simply giving a card with your top item (which may not appeal to everyone), use a catalog. It offers more choices for prospects.
—Michelle Farabaugh, partner, LENSER