Online Product Research: Web Shoppers Want Complete Information Online
Online shoppers are more likely to return to Web sites and shop in stores of retailers that provide their complete product information online, according to a survey of online consumer product research habits released on June 5 by content integration services provider WebCollage. Below are some of the most noteworthy findings from the survey.
* 91 percent of online shoppers polled said they felt it’s important or very important for retailers to provide complete product information online
* 44 percent of respondents said they felt retail Web sites don’t have the most complete product information
* 33 percent said they’re concerned that retailer product content is out of date
* 37 percent would rather visit a competitor’s site to find the information they need
* 55 percent said they’d go to a manufacturer’s Web site to find their product information
For more information, go to www.webcollage.com .