Beyond the Recycling Bin
- ENVIRONMENT® Alterna-tive Fiber contains 50 percent sugar cane bagasse and 50 percent recycled fiber, including 30 percent post-consumer fibers.
- ENVIRONMENT® 100 percent Recycled is made with 30 percent post-consumer fibers.
Sappi Fine Papers North America (www.sappi.com) offers:
- Lustro, available in two shades and four finishes, it’s made with 10 percent PCW fiber.
- Opus is a No. 2 paper and available in three finishes; contains 10 percent PCW fiber.
- Strobe is available in gloss and silk finishes and weights of between 80 lb text and 120 lb cover; made with 10 percent PCW fiber.
SMARTPapers LLC (www.smartpapers.com) offers:
- Carnival®, available in 28 colors, nine basis weights and 10 textures. These papers are made with a minimum of 30 percent PCW content and 50 percent total recycled content. Custom Carnival papers also are available with 100 percent PCW content.
- KnightKote Matte, available in text and cover stocks, is machine-coated on two sides with a matte finish. It contains 50 percent recycled fiber content, 30 percent of which is PCW fiber.
- Torchglow Opaque, available in 14 springtime colors and a clean 90 brightness Pearl White shade, contains 20 percent PCW fiber, is acid free and of archival quality.
Stora Enso (www.storaenso.com) offers:
- Fortune, available in gloss, gloss cover, matte and matte cover, this paper contains a minimum of 10 percent post-consumer recycled fiber.
- Centura, available in a range of finishes and weights, contains a minimum of 10 percent post-consumer recycled fiber.
Gretchen Peck is a freelance writer specializing in the graphic arts.