E-mail Continues to be Vital Merchandising Tool
Results of the Chicago-based the e-tailing group inc.’s 6th Annual Merchant Survey found that e-mail continues to play an important role as a tactic for online retailers because it is cost-effective and can be used for targeted initiatives. This year, 95 percent of respondents ranked e-mail as very to somewhat valuable as a merchandising vehicle compared to 91 percent last year.
When asked about the top uses of e-mail as a merchandising tool, 86 percent said they use it to drive incremental revenue and 80 percent said it was good for increasing purchasing frequency.
Here are other top applications of e-mail as a merchandising function:
* Company’s own branding: 83 percent in 2007; 88 percent in 2006
* Sales and specials: 86 percent in 2007; 84 percent in 2006
* Seasonal message: 81 percent in 2007; 81 percent in 2006
* New product introduction: 80 percent in 2007; 83 percent in 2006
* Full price products: 62 percent in 2007; 73 percent in 2006.
For more information, go to www.e-tailing.com .