Catalogers Speak Out, Part 1 of 2
In the October issue of Catalog Success out next week, we continue with the next round of results from the Catalog Success Latest Trends Report, the quarterly survey we produce in conjunction with multichannel marketing ad agency Ovation Marketing. While the magazine will include most of the survey’s results, because of space limitations it won’t have all of them. For the complete set of numerical results, please go to our Web site, www.CatalogSuccess.com the first week of October onward.
Here, however, we’re using this space to show the assorted feedback we received from you on several questions focused on mailing and marketing practices.
How many base catalogs do you have in the current year compared to last year?
* 67.5 percent said one more;
* 7.5 percent said two more;
* 10.0 percent said three more;
* 2.5 percent said four more;
* zero said five more; and
* 12.5 percent said more than five.
As for your reasons for increasing the amount of your base catalogs, you had the following to say:
* larger market;
* business is growing;
* expanded prospecting;
* we rebranded our catalog and wanted to quickly make improvements based on our response numbers and customer feedback;
* we’re going to create two comprehensive versions and four additional minicatalogs offering select resources based around a theme;
* more targeted pieces for our wide selection of products;
* opened a retail division;
* additional contact to the housefile;
* trying another catalog with low-end items to bring in more sales to the stores … tough times call for additional measures;
* increased sales at different times of the year;
* more international trade shows, therefore more leads;
* we wanted to do a catalog with a focus on a particular product;
* growing universe;
* additional product lines;