In a presentation yesterday at Groceryshop in Las Vegas, Rafeh Masood, chief digital officer at BJ's Wholesale Club, discussed how the membership-only warehouse club chain is organizing its business for a digital future. To close the session, Masood listed 10 ways that BJ's is making holiday shopping more convenient for its members.
- Updates to BJ’s mobile app, with users having the ability to browse the retailer's product catalog, clip coupons, check prices, among a host of other activities.
- Relaunched BJs.com, which features new architecture. Among other new capabilities, BJ's is now able to offer members curated shops, with a specific focus on holiday products in Q4.
- Offers members the ability to buy online, pick up in-club.
- Offer same-day delivery across all 215 club locations.
- Enable members to automatically load digital coupons onto their membership cards, with the coupons able to be redeemed at checkout.
- A Tinder-like feature on its app that helps users find the perfect holiday gifts. Users swipe left if they're not interested in the product, and swipe right to add the product to their cart.
- Given BJs.com visitors the ability to buy gift cards, both physical and digital.
- Online ordering to reserve deli and cake platters for holiday parties.
- Free shipping to all rewards members this holiday season.
- Provided its call-center agents with more technology features to better serve its customers. Furthermore, BJ's call centers will be open 24/7 for key dates this holiday season.
"We’re just getting started," Masood said in regards to BJ's efforts to grow its digital business. "None of the work we’ve done matters if we’re not adding value to members."