10 Tips to Make the Most of Your Affiliate Marketing Day
4. Schedule time wisely. Block out times of the day for application approvals, responding to emails and checking stats, Ely said. Don't let your inbox dictate your day and focus on the tasks that have the greatest impact on your company (i.e., those that grow revenue). And in between these tasks, give yourself a "brain break" every 60 minutes to 90 minutes, Ely added.
5. Keep yourself organized. Create and prioritize an ongoing task list, McMahon said. This should include a calendar of promotions and deadlines for your merchants. Other organization tips from McMahon included maintaining tracking documents for creative requests (e.g., banner ads) and link testing, as well as a checklist to ensure all banners and text are loaded in relevant affiliate networks for each campaign. Build out your calendar for three months to six months to be aware of the promotions your merchant is planning, Ely said.
6. Implement time-saving resources. Keep notes of ongoing successes and conversations to help you manage affiliate relationships more efficiently. And take advantage of in-house resources at your disposal. For example, Under Armour has started using customer service reps (CSRs) in its call center to look for possible affiliate sites in the time when they're not on the phone, Ely said. It's a career growth opportunity for the CSRs and Under Armour benefits from a bolstered affiliate network.
7. Evaluate your routine. Take the time to review your daily routine on a fairly regular basis. Identify the two to three tasks that are directly influencing your success and focus on them, Salvino said. For example, maybe you need to request less creative from your affiliates.
8. Build in recruitment time. Use one day a week (at a minimum) to maintain a master recruitment list. Reach out to five new potential affiliate partners and follow up with five that have yet to respond to a previous inquiry, Salvino advised. To help you find potential affiliate partners, check search engines for top-performing keyword searches as well as affiliate sites linking to your competitors.