DynamicAction Named Retail’s Digital Startup of the Year
The Digital Startup of the Year award recognizes the industry’s most innovative and creative startup that experts agree will significantly improve or alter the retail industry. Companies must be U.S.-based retail or technology firms in business for less than five years and with less than $100 million in annual revenue. The winner receives $20,000, a free one-year NRF membership, and is given the chance to pitch its products and services before e-commerce and technology executives from NRF’s Digital Council.
“This award recognizes promising young companies that are pushing the boundaries of the digital retail experience,” said Jill Dvorak, NRF senior director for digital retail, in a press release.
DynamicAction was one of three finalists selected in August, and was chosen as the winner by a panel of industry judges after the three companies’ CEOs made presentations at this week’s conference. The two other finalists and their CEOs were:
- DemandJump, a marketing technology company in Indianapolis; Christopher Day, co-founder and CEO
- Salsify, a product content management company in Boston; Jason Purcell, CEO
“It’s a great honor to be recognized with the other finalists,” said John Squire, CEO, DynamicAction. “To win this award is a strong testament to the work our team and investors, and, most importantly, what our judges saw in DynamicAction’s ability to transform retail.”
Judges for the competition included:
- Joe Jensen, vice president and general manager, retail solutions, Intel
- Pano Anthos, founder and managing director, XRC Labs
- David Brussin, founder and executive chairman, Monetate
- Bryon Colby, senior vice president, Cornerstone Brands
- Chuck Davis, chairman and CEO, Prodege
- Kobie Fuller, general partner, Upfront Ventures
- Michael Griffin, founder and CEO, Adlucent
- Angela Kapp, president, Kappcorp
- Mary Lou Kelley, former president, e-commerce, Best Buy
- Alex Miller, senior vice president, digital commerce, QVC.